| Skylar Black
How To Choose The Best Bikini For A Small Bust
The Best Swimsuit and Bikini Styles for a Small Chest
In swimwear, the size of your bust is one of the most important factors in determining how your swimsuit will fit. All busts are beautiful, but some styles are more flattering for certain body types.
If you have a smaller chest, you might feel like your chosen swimsuit flattens you even more or perhaps does nothing to flatter your figure. We’re diving deep into the best styles to flatter your figure and our top shopping tips for finding bikinis for flat-chested women.
Best Bikini For A Small Chest
Most of the time, women with smaller busts don’t have as much to worry about in terms of support, so there is a wide range of options available to you! Whether you want a little extra padding, some definition, or want to keep it natural, there’s a style that’s perfect for you. Here are tips for finding the best bikini for a flat chest.
- Triangle Cups: Triangle cups are perfect for creating the illusion of a fuller bust without any added padding. They add defined lines, and most have stitching in the centre that makes them fold slightly outward, adding a little oomph while still sitting close to the skin.
- Tie-Front Tops: Beyond being super cute, tie-front tops are a fantastic way to attract attention to your top and present the illusion of a fuller bust. Tie-front tops help push your breasts together and create a small amount of cleavage without padding.
- Unlined Styles: There’s very little need for extra wiring or boning in bikinis for a small bust; it’s more likely to be uncomfortable and a nuisance than to serve any function. Feel free to explore options like string bikinis!
- Light Padding: If you want a little more oomph, there are plenty of padded bikinis for a small bust.
- Bandeau Tops: If you’re looking for something simple, bandeau tops can be some of the best bikinis for a small bust. They offer a wide range of styles and patterns, and they’re the best if you want to get an even tan with no awkward tan lines!
- Shirred Tops: Also called ruched or gathered tops, these are perfect for creating the illusion of fullness. The style is also very trendy and feminine and can often be found on tankini tops.
- Sporty Tops: Sports-bra style tops look amazing on women with smaller busts. The simple, structured look is very chic, and the style is the best for athletes and adventurers.
- Loose Cups: Loose cups can cause many issues for those with small busts. They may not stay in place and can often lay incorrectly against your chest. The result is a suit that isn’t flattering and might come off during watersports or other activities.
- Too Much Padding: While we do recommend padded bikinis for a small bust, there is such a thing as too much padding. Too much padding can sit unnaturally on your chest or weigh your top down to the point that it can fall off, both of which aren’t desirable for beach vacations.
- Underwire: Underwire is a huge benefit for women who need support, but it’s often more nuisance for flat-chested women in bikinis. Tops that are too structured can be uncomfortable and may not sit right on a smaller bust.
Our Fave Bikinis for Flat Chested Women
Eres Chrome Full Cup Triangle Top: We love a simple, sexy swimsuit that will remain stunning even as trends change, and the Eres Chrome checks all of those boxes. Its unlined style will keep you comfortable, and the triangle cups lay gently against the bust while creating a cheeky touch of cleavage.
Seafolly Skin Deep Longline Slide Tri-Top: Triangle styles are perfect for creating a fuller bust and rocking the skin you’re in! We love the beaded detail between the cups, and the subtle zebra print adds a touch of ferocity as you show off on the beach.
Eberjey Garden Graziela Bikini Top: Bikini tops with sleeves are all the rage, and they’re the perfect touch on bikinis for a small bust. This piece highlights your cleavage and draws a flattering line to your shoulders, giving it a flirty, feminine appeal.
Hunza G Flora Bikini Top: Strapless styles are one of the best bikinis for a small chest - we love this top because of how simple it is! The gathered style highlights your bust and adds a bit of oomph, and the tortoiseshell detail is endlessly classy.
Best One-Piece Swimsuits For A Small Bust
We aren’t just talking about the best bikini for a small chest - one-piece swimsuits can be equally comfortable and flattering for women with smaller busts. Much like bikinis, there are a wide variety of options to choose from, but some styles are more flattering for you than others.
- Backless Styles: Backless one-pieces are endlessly trendy, and they're great for those with smaller busts. They pose no risk of slipping off and require little adjustment, and the backless style allows you to still show some skin if you choose.
- Plunge Necklines: Plunge necklines are flattering for many different body types, and they're especially flattering for women with smaller busts. They show off some skin and create the illusion of fullness without padding.
- Zip-Up Styles: Zip-up styles allow you to choose how structured you want to be. Whether you want to zip all the way up and create a lift or leave it open and show some skin, there are a ton of options!
- Empire Waistlines: An empire waistline adds definition right below the bust, and it's perfect for adding fullness and definition for women with smaller busts.
- Strapless Styles: Strapless styles are universally chic, and they take the guesswork out of ensuring that a swimsuit will sit correctly against your chest. They're more likely to stay in place while you enjoy the sun, and they won't leave tan lines, either!
- Padding: Just like in our tips about bikinis for a small bust, there is such a thing as too much padding for a one-piece swimsuit. Avoid styles that are over-padded or that don’t have removable padding.
- Boning: Boning is when thin metal or plastic rods are inserted into a swimsuit to give it more structure. Much like underwire, it offers few benefits to women with smaller busts and can end up being uncomfortable.
Our Fave One-Piece Swimsuits For Small Busted Women
Seafolly Portofino V Neck Shoulder One Piece: This fun, stylish one-piece really has it all - a flattering plunge neckline, an empire waistline, and removable padding for when you need that extra oomph. The black and white plaid is flattering for a variety of skin tones, and we love the cute knot details at the shoulders!
Camilla Bandeau One-Piece With Ring Trim: Alongside its fun, forest-inspired print, this one-piece is perfect for creating the illusion of a fuller bust with its removable cups, gathered bust, and sexy halter style.
Eberjey Solid Jane Smooth One Piece: Built for more modest babes that still want to flatter their bust, this square-necked one-piece creates structure and draws the eye with the cute, feminine ruffle. It’s smooth and simple and would be an excellent fit for watersports and other activities.
Eres Stilbe Bustier: Strapless one-pieces are so chic, and this one just screams luxury. The simple style and illusion of a belt make your silhouette sleek and smooth, while the simple straight neckline will eliminate any chance of embarrassing tan lines.